Tor put this on YouTube [2020-08-01], it's a simple jjigae Recipe – Korean stew. I could cook this any time, I think.
- spring onion
- 1/2 onion
- 1 potato
- 200g protein (sirloin, ribeye, chicken, pork, tofu)
- oyster mushrooms
- 2 shiitake
- 2 cheongyang chili pepper (sub 1 jalepeno)
- 2tbl vegeteble oil
- 2tbl sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 tbl minced garlic
- 2 tbl soup soy sauce (sub regular)
- 1 tbl anchovy vish sauce (sub any fish sauce)
- some spring onion slices
- black pepper
- white end of the spring onions cut thin
- potato, onion, peppers in to thin slices
- protein in to small thin slices
- shiitake thin slices
- stems off oyster mushrooms
oils in to pot or wok
low heat, once hot add gochujang
stir fir until it starts to sizzle in the oil
add gochugaru and mix
immediately add 2.5c water
medium high to boil
add beef and potato
garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce
add diced onions, oyster mushrooms, shiitake, peppers.
wait for boil, 7-10 minutes
potatos should be soft
top with diced onions and black peppers
let it rest for 10 minutes
Serve it with fresh rice.
scoop some goodies out of the stew, add rice to your spoon, come back for broth. it's a great treat, it warms the soul.
This recipe doesn't mention it, but! when it comes off the boil, I plan to crack an egg in to it, ten minutes in hot broth will poach the egg, and the rice will love it.
When I make this I'll add pictures